Visites

Can Comas - Parc Agrari

Telephone: 
93 3788190
|
Email: 
parcagrari@diba.cat
|

The farmhouse of Can Comas that we see today is not what it was originally. In the past there was another one, built between the 16th and 17th centuries, which was demolished to build the new one, due to its poor state of conservation. The current farmhouse, from the year 1878, was restored in 2004. The farmhouse, on the ground floor and two floors, has architectural elements of interest, such as the gallery with half-point arches on the first floor. The agricultural roof - which houses temporary exhibitions and the classroom of agri-environmental education - has been recovered, the two wells, the laundry room and the trough. If we approach the roof we can observe, inserted in the pillar on the left side, a stone where a boat appears and the inscription "BARCA SEM BOI. 1739 ". This stone marked the crossing point on the Llobregat river boat in Sant Boi. We can also visit the gardens and the Arboretum, a collection that includes sixty-two traditional varieties of nine fruit species of the Baix Llobregat. At present, Can Comas, transferred to the Agricultural Park Consortium, hosts the Agricultural Information and Management Center of the Agricultural Park.

Information of interest

Camí de la Ribera, s/n
08820 El Prat de Llobregat Barcelona
Spain
Telephone: 
93 3788190
Email: 
parcagrari@diba.cat

© Consorci de Turisme del Baix Llobregat | Parc Torreblanca N-340 pk 1249, 08980 Sant Feliu de Llobregat | turisme@elbaixllobregat.cat | T. 936852400 | F. 936851868